ATS 68Rfe Performance Valve Body Fits 2007.5-2011 6.7L Cummins With Solenoid Pack
The valve body is considered the nervous system of the transmission; the valve body is responsible for converting the electrical signals from the TCM into hydraulic actions. The 68-RFE uses a non-synchronous, clutch-to-clutch design. This means that the shifts from gear to gear must be timed perfectly thereby releasing and applying a friction clutch to achieve an flawless shift.
Because of the sensitivity of the hydraulic circuits, we heavily modified many areas of the valve body. Hydraulic oil flow is ported to certain clutch packs where additional pressure is needed. The accumulator piston seals have been redesigned to ensure hydraulic pressure integrity. The accumulator plate is made of high-grade material to compensate for the additional pressure that the accumulator pistons and springs exert during heavy power situations.
Also, the ATS 68-RFE valve body can be installed in a stock transmission for increased transmission capacity. When our performance valve body is installed in a good stock transmission you can expect the transmission to hold on average an additional 100HP. When the valve body is installed with the addition of the ATS Co-Pilot transmission controller your stock transmission will hold power levels of 200HP over stock.
Understanding what our performance valve body does vs our Co-Pilot does can be confusing so this is a brief description. The valve body allows for increased pressure to the clutch packs which provides for higher transmission power capacity. That being said the valve body must be commanded by the TCM to be able to produce the higher line pressure.
The TCM presents a problem, the TCM does not have the ability to command the line pressure that the transmission needs to be able to hold the higher HP levels. If the Co-Pilot is installed on a stock valve body then the stock valve body does not have the ability to produce or handle the higher line pressure that is being commanded.
Because of these two issues you only get partial line pressure gains when only the performance valve body or the Co-Pilot is installed separately. Because of the complexity of the 68-RFE electrical and hydraulic system in order to get the full effect of the valve body the Co-Pilot should be installed in addition to the valve body.
- ATS 68RFE Performance Valve Body Assembly with Upgraded OEM Cast Channel Plate
- With Solenoid Pack
- Transmission Model: 68RFE
- Engine Manufacturer: Cummins
- Fits: 2007.5-2011 Dodge RAM
- 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L DIESEL
- 2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L DIESEL
- 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9L DIESEL
- 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L DIESEL
- 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L DIESEL
- 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L DIESEL
- 2008 Dodge Ram 4500 6.7L DIESEL
- 2009 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L DIESEL
- 2009 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L DIESEL
- 2009 Dodge Ram 4500 6.7L DIESEL
- 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7L DIESEL
- 2010 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L DIESEL
- 2010 Dodge Ram 4500 6.7L DIESEL
- 2011 Ram 2500 6.7L DIESEL
- 2011 Ram 3500 6.7L DIESEL
- 2011 Ram 4500 6.7L DIESEL