'03-'07 Dodge Ram 5.9L Glacier Diesel Power Air-Boss CR Intake Plenum Cover & Grid Delete
EGT's running too high? Can't use all of the fuel you have available? The GDP Air-Boss intake plate gives the largest flow increase possible short of milling the cast plenum off the head and installing a fabricated intake plenum such as the ZZ Fab unit.
The Air-Boss plenum isn't just a replacement flat aluminum plate as seen in other designs. The Air-Boss is a true, elevated plate designed to flow as much air as possible to cylinders 4, 5, and 6. We've all have seen the head gasket failures between the hottest running #5 and #6 cylinders. With our plate design we open up the plenum area to the starving rear cylinder by a full 30%. By increasing airflow to the rear cylinders we reduce EGT's and allow you to run even higher fueling levels.
The Air-Boss plenum kit also includes a shortened grid heater delete block to maintain the factory IC piping to intake manifold connection geometry . Maintaining this geometry makes the Air-Boss plenum compatible with ALL aftermarket intake manifolds and the stock mounting hardware.
Grid Heater options:
- The standard Air-Boss CR kit includes a custom height grid heater delete block.
- For colder climates we now offer the Air-Boss CR with a grid heater option. This option uses the factory grid heater (no delete included) and custom length stainless steel studs to accomodate the increased plenum height of the Air-Boss CR.
- For customers that want to swap back and forth between the heater and delete block we also offer both items in one package.
- Air-Boss Intake Plenum Cover
- Factory Gaskets
- Custom Height Grid Delete Block
- Shortened injector line retaining brackets